The Person of The Holy Spirit (2)
The “Person” of The Holy Spirit (2)
By Greg King
Within the sacred pages of God’s holy word, we read about the qualities of the “Personhood” concerning the Holy Spirit. As stated in the previous article, not a person like you and I but a Divine being. Throughout the bible we see qualities of the Holy Spirit that relate to us as human beings though again the Holy Spirit being Divine does not have a body like we have and yet He does various things.
- He speaks – Acts 8:29, 39
- Bears Witness – John 15:26
- Teaches – John 16:13
- Leads & Forbids – Acts 16:6-7
- Searches – 1 Cor. 2:11
The Holy Spirit also has characteristics of a person.
- He has a Mind – Rom. 8:27
- Has Knowledge – 1 Cor. 2:11
- Has Will – 1 Cor. 12:11
- Has Feelings – can be grieved Eph. 4:30 (we can actually hurt God by our actions)
- He can be despised – Heb. 10:29
- He can be blasphemed – Matt. 12:31-
- He can be resisted – Acts 7:51
- He can be lied to – Acts 5:1-5
The “Trinity” is something that some struggle with tremendously. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. Three Persons yet one God. “God” is a general term for diety, like human is a general term for mankind. There is one God like there is one man. Man is made up of millions of individuals. God is made up of three. Father, Son, H.S. and we see them in the scripture.